11 Brutal Truths About Emotions That You Really Need to Hear
Interesting article about emotional intelligence by Justin Bariso in Inc.com. Here are the major points that he makes:
- Emotional intelligence begins when you ask the right questions.
- You can’t control your feelings. But you can control the reactions to your feelings.
- Others see you much differently than you see yourself.
- Empathy can greatly increase the value of your work.
- It’s all about the long game.
- Criticism is a gift.
- It’s vital to gain trust before delivering negative feedback.
- Remember that “negative” emotions can be just as beneficial as “positive” ones.
- Raising your EQ isn’t all fun and games. But it can be…sometimes.
- EQ and EI aren’t the same thing.
- Emotional Intelligence can be used for evil.
Read the whole article to see his explanation of each “truth” and find links to other articles by Justin Bariso on EI and EQ.